The Advantages of Conducting Business from Bermuda
A business-savvy jurisdiction, global businesses of a broad scope, from insurance and investments to trading and holding companies, are attracted to Bermuda for the following reasons:
- Bermuda’s business-sensitive regulatory environment is well respected for its long-standing commitment to ‘Knowing Its Clients’ and having the highest international best practices for compliance.
- The Bermuda Government’s policies with respect to international companies are enhanced regularly to meet both the changing requirements of international business and the best international regulatory practices.
- The commercial expertise and efficiency of Bermuda’s professional service providers are largely responsible for the steady growth of the international business sector and the highly rated jurisdiction that Bermuda has evolved into for conducting international business.
- Its well-developed financial services’ infra-structure boasts highly respected commercial banking, investment services, trustee services and fund administration capability.
- Access to capital markets through the listing of securities on the Bermuda Stock Exchange, which is an approved ‘designated exchange’ by the SEC. The BSX is the world’s largest offshore, fully electronic securities market offering a full range of listing and trading opportunities for international and domestic issuers of equity, debt, depository receipts, insurance securitization and derivative warrants.
- State of the art global internet access, electronic networks, IT and telecommunication systems which combined make Bermuda one of the most ‘wired’ jurisdictions in the world and ranked in the top 25 countries in the world in the Economist Digital Economy Rankings for maximizing the use of Information Communication Technology.
- Its economic and political stability, which provides security for large pools of capital that flow into Bermuda. The insurance and reinsurance sector has grown to be the third largest insurance centre in the world.
- U.S. currency is widely used in circulation in Bermuda.
- There are daily international flights to and from most of the major financial centres in North America.
For more detailed information on the advantages of Bermuda as a jurisdiction, please review our Memorandum on Advantages of Conducting Business from Bermuda.
Learn more about Apex Law Group Ltd. and our team of dedicated professionals, or review our corporate administrative services. Contact our office to request an appointment.